Pulse Argon Spot Welder 400W Welding Jewelry Gold Silver Platinum Palladium
Sparkle Welder can be used to weld:
- Precious metal alloys; gold, silver, platinum and palladium
- Titanium and stainless steel.
- With some limitations, aluminum, tin and most brass alloys
- Alloys with different attributes that are incompatible in normal welding
-Alloys that would oxidize during welding and thus require an inert(Argon) atmosphere
Sparkle welder which use for jeweler:
-Precisely position parts by tacking with the spot welder
-Welding of necklaces with a diameter 0.3mm or larger(smaller diameter may melt)
-Repair metal joints or breaks without removing set stones or pearls
-Repair heat sensitive metals or metal alloys
-Repair surface or entry point of a molding of the same alloy
With the inert argon atmosphere, welding can be done without requiring fluxing. The soldering point is smooth and does not require scaling or scale removal.
Installation and testing
1.Connecting electrode, black wire to black connection (ground/cathode), red wire to red connection (positive /anode).
2. Connect argon gas through the argon gas pressure reducing valve; adjust the gas pressure reading to the minimum
3. Tungsten needle can be sharpened by grinding on the grinding wheel, or with the use of a Fordham flex shaft or dremal tool and an abrasive disk. Note that you should not use a wheel previously used to grind iron/steel as this will contaminate the needle and cause an uneven spark and/or weld results.
4. When installing the tungsten needle, please insure that the needle is approximately 5mm out from the welding head. The diameter of needle should be 0.1mm.
1. Plug the device into the wall socket and turn it on
2. Adjust input current by adjusting the current regulating dial to 1-1.5 to start. The current regulating dial ranges from 1-8. The dial can be adjusted as necessary depending upon the current flow that gives best results for your target material.
3. Check that gas is flowing over the tungsten tip with your finger. Adjust Argon gas until you can just feel the flow.
3. Clamp the object to be welded with the negative ground electrode. You cannot short circuit the machine by having both the tungsten needle and the ground clamp in contact through the work piece at the same time. Do not have the target work piece in direct contact with the tungsten needle. A 0.5mm arc gap is necessary for pulse welder operation. This is the optimum distance for welding.
4. Insure you have arc welding eye protection in place. The arc emits short wave UV radiation that will cause eye retinal burns and skin burns. Cover exposed skin (a shirt is fine), wear gloves and use an arc welding helmet.
5. Briefly step on the foot pedal and release. The arc will have pulsed and spot welded at the point you had the tungsten electrode.
Foot Pedal 1PC,
Forceps Clamp 1PC,
Tungsten Needle 1PC
Power supply:220V, 50/60HZ
We can also provide 110V machine if you need 110V.
Ampere for welding:0.5~50A,Continuous adiustable (Fluctuation)
Do not step on the pedal with long time, just step it 1 time then move off immediately. Long time stepping on the pedal, machine will be short circuit, even to burn out inside electricity
This machine is precision equipment, please cherish it.
Spark light during the welding is harmful to eyes, please make sure good protection measures.
When you step pedal, do not touch needle or soldering metal.
Please do not disassemble the unit without professional guidance.